The Production Center (The Cage) provides production and post-production equipment, supplies, maintenance and support for currently enrolled Visual Arts students, graduate students, faculty and staff. The student staff members track over 600 checkout items, serve approximately 200 people, and perform over 2000 checkouts per year. The center provides 24-hour access to post-production facilities and 30 hours a week it is open for purchasing supplies and for checking-in/out equipment. This facility is an integral part of the Department of Visual Arts and the Imaging and Digital Arts graduate program. As developing artists expressing their personal vision and ideas, students are encouraged to explore the mediums of time-based digital media.
- 24 hour access to editing suites
- (2) Blackmagic Design 4K Production Packages
- (3) Panasonic GH4 Production Packages
- (3) Panasonic HVX 200 HD Production Packages
- (16) Canon 80D DSLR HD Production Packages
- (12) Canon T2i DSLR HD Production Packages
- (2) Éclair NPR Super 16mm Sync Sound Camera Packages.
- Manfrotto Fluid Head tripods, Stabilizers and Jib arms
- Omni, Tota, Soft Box, DP Light Kit, and LED portable kits.
- Private Sound 5.1 Recording and Mixing Suite
- (2) Sound Devices 722 Hard Disk recorders
- (8) Zoom H6 Sound Recorders
- (16) Zoom H4N Sound Recorders
- (6) Fostex FR-2LE Sound Recorders
- Multi-Pattern High-End Microphones
- Portable Video & Data Projectors
- (11) Portable Light boxes
Other extra-curricular activities include a student-run Cinematic Arts club, FILMMAKERS ANONYMOUS; student films are screened for the public annually, LIGHTSTRUCK; guest speakers visit the department regularly.